Friday, July 1, 2011

The Sweet Song of Birds

I was so happy to be part of Karla's Birdsong Tag Book Swap over at
Karla's Cottage. I recently purchased an image from an etsy seller that I've been wanting to use and it was perfect for these tags.
You probably need to enlarge the photo to see the beautiful detail of the image. I printed it on fabric and used white jute trim to mount on, finishing them with a pearl centered mulberry paper flower.
We're all sending in 7 tags and getting 7 back in a book with covers made by Karla. I can't wait to see this book and will be sure to share it with all of you when it arrives!

10 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I did enlarge it and LOVE the birds on it!
Happy 4th!
Deb :)

AJ Blanton said...

Very pretty! I agree that they are better enlarged to see all your wonderful details!
AJ

Lesley said...

Wow the image is beautiful and you have done wonders adding the finer details. I was going to do this swap but with the mail strike looming I thought better of it.
Can't wait to see the finished book JoAnne.

Jennifer said...

So pretty - I love the sweet image!
I hope I'm lucky enough to get one of yours:)

Unknown said...

The details are brilliant! Lovely indeed!

Hugs,

Terry said...

Just gorgeous and someone will be so happy! Have a great July 4th!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

love your gorgeous art! the birds are so sweet! Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July!

Dorthe said...

Joanne ,your tags are beautiful-the birds so lovely- how exiting to get the finished tag book back from Karla.
Hugs,Dorthe

Lorraine said...

Beautiful, JoAnne!! Can't wait to see your finished book!

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Hopefully I'll get one of these!